Monday, April 30, 2012

The Obligatory First Post

Hello, my name is Dennis Sanders and I'm the Associate Pastor at First Christian Church in Minneapolis.  I'm also the Convener of the New Church Ministry Team for the Christian Church in the Upper Midwest.  Our team is looking at ways we can plant new faith communities in Iowa, Minnesota and the Dakotas.

I'm on this team because I have a passion for new churches and for spreading the Good News of God in different ways.  The Upper Midwest Region is ripe for new churches.  From the Twin Cities to Des Moines to Fargo-Moorhead, there are tons of opportunities for starting new places of worship.  But the Region is also ready simply because there are so many people who have yet to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached in word and deed.  We need to be where the Spirit of God is, among the disaffected suburban youth, to the inner city where poverty and crime sap the spirit of the people, among immigrant communities where our newest citizens are trying to make a new life in a foreign land, to college towns where young adults are trying make the faith they grew up with their own, to...well I think you get the idea.

I hope you will follow along and find ways to join the new church planting movement here in the Upper Midwest.  Stay tuned to see where the Spirit leads!

Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment