Church planting is incredibly fun, but it is something that can't be done alone. Church planters need a caring community that they can turn to during the tough times (and church planters do go through tough times!). They need fellow Christians to support them not only financially, but spiritually as well.
The New Church Ministry Team of the Christian Church in the Upper Midwest is looking for folks who have a passion (or simply a curiosity) in starting new churches and spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ.
So, what does it mean to be on the New Church Ministry Team? Here are a few things we are looking for:
- First is to seek out and develop relationships with potential church planters;
- Second, to find partner congregations to support a new church financially (if possible) and spiritually
- Third: to be in covenant with church planter and new ministries (includes, praying, visiting new church plants, etc.), assisting with the launch and working with the Operations Committee to secure funding and other means of support
- Fourth: To share the news of church plants with the wider region
- Finally(and this should be first): To cast a vision for new churches in the region, with attainable goals.
To be part of this team means being willing to meet with church planters and establish churches to get them passionate about starting new churches. I think that's what it boils down to: passion and calling. You have to passionate to be on this team. This isn't a committee in the old sense where we get people to serve, this is a team of folks who feel called to New Church Ministry in various forms.
If you are interested in being a part of this team, then fill out the form located on this website or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look forward to meeting you!